Saturday, March 29, 2008

Judith Guest Quote Poem by me, TA

Judith Guest once said, "Living the blessed life is the luck of the draw. We don't get control over the cards we're dealt, but we do have control over how we face the odds, how we play them. Some people with awful cards are successful because of how they deal with them, and that seems courageous to me."

A Patsy Cline Moment

I feel like a character
In a Patsy Cline song.
Already broke up and cryin.
No happy notes to hang
My hat on, cause she took
All them away. Never sayin
What you meant till after
I married the wrong women.
All those streets of tears, salty
And not worth a wipe.
We could have danced to another
Song or just let me play
Out my own.
But your voice said it over and over
And no kiss can get you back.
I fall to pieces.

No comments: